Sunday, November 23, 2008

When stressful: I tend to my plants

Spent almost all morning cleaning the house today. The house has been neglected for quite sometime. It amazes me how a little sweeping, vacuuming and wiping can make so much of a difference. I did some washing too (the two previous washing were done at Ibu's place, machine assisted). After also a week, finally today cooked rice at home but of course the lauk were from Kg Bukit Merbah. After a shower and bath, checked my mail, did some reading on writing and before I know it, its already 4.30pm. Boy, time surely flies by so fast now. It come to a point my brain was so tensed and dense, I need to get away from the computer.

So, went out and I looked at my plants. The greenery surely help to ease some stress. Did some weeding, replanting, put some fertilizers to the plants and finally water the plants (I like this the most coz boleh main air). It surely made me happy for a while and this inspired me to post three entries in one shot. hahaha..some of the plants I have:

pegaga, my favorite ulam .I have them in pots too


Misai kucing (cats whiskers?) , ayah planted this for me

Jasmine, I love the smell of the small white flowers. The first plant I had at my house. It used to be in a pot, then it got so big, I had to replant it in the ground.


Dunno the name but we call it Pokok Ong, the Chinese believe that this plant will bring good luck. Normally you will see red ribbon tied to it especially during Chinese New Year or at new houses/shops.


pokok puding, so easy to grow.


Cili api, tumbuh sendiri and I took care of it. It has been bearing chilies since August.

Sawi cina or green pak choy, it took some time to grow and a lot of care with Organic fertilizer and its insecticide free. I already harvested half of the yield. Time to plant new seeds now for the next batch.

No comments: