Wednesday, September 17, 2008

People i wanna meet

As we grow older, the raya sparks does not shine so bright (at least for me). There is not much excitement to buy new clothes, shoes etc but what I look forward most every raya is spending more time with my cousins. Its not that we dont meet, but during hari raya, it is the only time we can spend days together (plus non stop talking and eating). The occasional meetings we had were limited to a few hours only. Some of my cousins are married and with kids but this does not stop them from behaving like giddy teenagers and laughing loudly as we cook (and eat) in Uwan's kitchen. I'm referring to my adult cousins on my dad's side. On my mum's side, I'm the eldest grandchild, so the others a still small kids.

I guess the last get together we had was during Oya's engagement in Bandar Enstek. Soon she will be getting married and that will leave Kak Lili and I the only singles. The group is getting smaller now. But thats not much to be concerned, we are ok with that fact. Kak Lili is a very successful in her work and as for me...I'm happy with how things are now. I'm no feminist, I'm still waiting for that someone...who? I also dont know la...hahaha.

Whatever it is...cant wait for raya...see you guys very soon.
Oya (light blue scarf) :dentist, lecturer at USIM, me: the cikgu, Kak Lily: the IT and System expert at Khazanah Nasional and Alin: 'the super cikgu', she teaches maths and accounts to juvenile inmates at Kajang Prison.

others not in the picture: Along+ wife and Ita.

No comments: