Thursday, December 10, 2009

The almost non-existed school holidays

The team (minus 2)
view of the candidates from where I sit


oits....jaga peksa la...

me: too many forms to fill....headache (excuse for the messy table)


one of those who didn't read the instructions! (in this pix is the TKP and my history teacher)


Its almost 3 weeks since the school holidays started, school holidays? 3 weeks? Am I sure? I just realized this today and what has happened for the past 3 weeks? I dunno.


Start 18th November, SPM began and I was 'rudely' informed that I was Ketua Pengawas (Chief Invigilator) 2 weeks prior to that. End October, suddenly I received this phone call from some teacher that i have to come and check the exam papers. I went " what are you talking about?" and the poor guy had to explain to me. I almost went berzerk because I didn't receive any letter at all! Apa lagi? went 'mini-mengamuk' la with my GPK1 because it all happend when I was busy preparing for RGS to come to the school. But I had to go coz it was so short notice to find a replacement. Mr AA assured me that he'll find a replacement for me as I would also be preparing for the trip to RGS and I'll be marking come December. I almost had a major breakdown. Come the day for OBK, God! it was such a back-breaking task...I had to open boxes, check papers and arrange them according to exam days. Man, I was talking about bags of questions paper that weigh tonnes of kgs. BUt I managed to get through it, because the officers couldn't wait for me (I took my sweet time) and they ended up doing all for me! (clever kan??)


Then during the RGS visit, I h ad to leave them mid-way to attend 'the meeting', I feel so out of place as most of the KPs know each other well, and me being the rookie was totally lost among the jargons and abbreviations. I wrote down everything the officers were telling us until one of the KP said "tulis novel ke tu?", malu giler. After 3 days, I left with only 25% of what I am supposed to know...waaaa....I was totally 'confident-less' hahaha


Then the day before SPM, met the group invigilating in SMTTJ, and to my suprise one of them was my Form 2 History teacher!, and the rest looked blurry. I simply dunno what to say to them and kept on repeating myself. We just spent 20 minutes at the centre and left. I was literally shaking when I left. Didn't go back to school, instead I bought breakfast, went back to my parents' and slept. Selamba ponteng sekolah? Cikgu play truant...sesekali je.



The first day of SPM came, I was so tired as I couldn't sleep the night before. Went to collect the papers, tried to remember all the things I was supposed to do and then the SUP came told me that one girl is in wheel chair and asked to be placed at the back of the hall. I went "hah?! nak buat camne nih?" . Finally we decided to place her at the front using the long table meant for the exam papers. Settled. The first paper went ok, the came 2nd paper, ok...or so I thought. During the 3rd paper, after reading the exam manual, realized that I missed out one document and I immediately went into panic! Luckily the PK was so relaxed and helped me to solve the problem. Thanks En. MN. I think he's the coolest person I ever met and he is a teacher who comes from a school famed for its notorious students.

The rest of the exam days went smoothly, got to know the other teachers and they were great! most of them are first timers like me too. My TKP is a young man from Senawang.Very friendly and polite, I enjoyed talking to him (he called me 'Bos')...ops did I say talk?...er discuss hehehe. He even took over my job for one day when I had to attend marking meeting. I will surely recommend him for KP anytime (shhhh don't tell him I said this). On one of the exam days, we even went for luch together, of course the Chief paid for it (Kena jadi bos yang baik, jaga hati anak-anak buah). I will surely miss them after this. Lucky for us exam is not everyday, so I could still manage some time for outings and datings (hahaha..ye ke?). I even went for a small gathering of friends from primary school. That I have to make another entry about that

What about the candidates? They were surely young bright looking teenagers. Being young of course they don't really listen to us 'adults', right? Despite reminders to read and understand instructions clearly, they will get themselves into trouble. I gave them 2 chances, come third....I didn't give a damn who's students they were...I 'bebel' at them like I own them hahaha. They even did it during the last paper today!!!!! Argh! I didn't even give them a chance to actually feel liberated after SPM, nak jugak kena tazkirah free! I held them back for almost 20 minutes after the paper ended! padan muka, suka sangat susahkan orang. But of course in the end I apologized to them and wished them luck! Hahaha..but it was sweet because after that they didn't even feel like shouting. Sorry to spoiled your celebration guys but I am sure, you'll have a celebration to remember for the rest of your life, later la kan?


Whats next for me? I have two bundles of exam papers to mark...waaaaaaaaaaaaa

Bila nak cuti ni????


1 comment:

Hafitah said...

OMG, grammar and spelling adalah sangat teruk...please don't grade me. Ni gara-gara malas nak edit ni.